Archive for month: March, 2020
During this difficult time, it is important for all Niners to be safe themselves and to protect our friends and fellow players. For these reasons, we are implementing the following guidelines. If we are diligent and follow both the Governor’s Order and our guidelines, we can continue to enjoy golf at Charbonneau until this crisis is over. If members are not able to consistently comply with the guidelines, we will suspend all NINERS Days Play for the safety of us all. Your cooperation is critical at this time.
The following Social Distancing Guidelines are in effect and will remain in effect until further notice
- Continue Days Play with players determining if they are comfortable playing or not.
- No exchange of scorecards and no games. Neither Days Play Committee or Pro will handle any scorecards.
- Call in to the Pro Shop only for reserving times for Days Play (see notes below). No notebooks or sign-up in Club Room.
- No congregating of persons in Pro Shop, patio and putting green that would place people closer than 6 feet distance apart – no buying mulligans, raffle tickets, check-in, etc.
- Only 1 person per electric cart whether personal or rented.
- Keep social distance of at least 6 feet on fairways, greens and tee boxes.
Niners will need to sign-up through the Pro Shop
Niners will need to call the Pro Shop to reserve tee times for Tuesday’s Play Days.
Reserved tee times for Tuesday’s are:
8:30 a.m. -12 noon
Identify yourself as a Niner for these reserved tee times. The Pro Shop requests a 24 hour cancellation.
Players will keep their own scores and will post using the GHIN app or at home online. No posting allowed on the Club Room computer.
Due to the changes made in the golf course as a result of the COVID19 virus, all scores posted will be “Most Likely Score” in accordance with USGA Guidelines.
In order to determine your Most Likely Score, players will count all strokes taken on the hole to reach the green and add strokes as follows once on the green:
- If the first putt hits the raised cup liner – count that as 1 stroke and pick up.
- Otherwise, continue to putt until the ball is within 5 feet of the cup counting all putts.
- Once the ball is within 5 feet of the hole, add 1 stroke and pick up.
- Players do not need to hit the cup liner to be considered holed out.
Charbonneau Golf Club
- Golf Course is OPEN
- We are stringently following these Safety Precautions for your protection
- Mandatory / Strictly Enforced
- One rider per Rental Cart
- Credit Card Payments only
- Must always stay 6ft apart
- Practice Facility is Closed
- Rental Pull Cart use is prohibited
- All Rakes have been removed from Bunkers
- All cups and Flags have been raised; no one will have to touch the cup / flag at anytime
- Ball Washers have been bagged for no use
- All Rental Cart surfaces are being washed with bleach solution
- Pencils and Scorecards have been removed
- Couples living in the same household can use their private cart & ride together
- We will update these policies as necessary
TURN Snack Bar
TAKE OUT ORDERS AVAILABLE & DELIVERY SERVICE
The TURN Snack Bar @ Charbonneau Golf Club is supporting the effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus, for the near future we are now take-out & delivery only. We remain committed to maintaining safe and healthy standards for our employees and customers. Staff will be wearing gloves when needed and have been instructed to wash and sanitize their hands after every encounter. We will continue to sanitize commonly touched surfaces regularly.
To Order Take out or Delivery: please call 503-694-1246 x3
Please find the TURN Menu on website: charbonneaugolfclub.com
What you need to know about posting your score in 2020 and beyond:
- Download the new USGA GHIN app. The best and simplest way to post your score. Easy to do. Delete your old app, find the new app in your app store and install it on your phone. To activate, you only need your name and ghin number.
- It is extremely important to post your score hole by hole. The system will calculate your handicap properly in the new ghin system. If you put in just the total, the system does not have the ability to calculate your handicap.
- Post your score immediately. Posting your score right away gives you the advantage of the course condition in the handicap calculation. You have until midnight. Handicaps are calculated daily.
See you on the Course,
I hope you are all well and taking all the recommended precautions that have been emphasized by all public and health officials. As you know, following the Governor’s announcement, many activities and events have been cancelled or postponed. Specifically the Governor recommendation most impacting our Niners is:
Governor Kate Brown has ordered the implementation of community social distancing measures recommending cancellation of events hosting more than 10 persons in high risk populations. High risk populations include older adults and those with underlying health conditions, as well as individuals without stable housing. An event is defined as any gathering in a space in which a distance of at least three feet between individuals cannot be maintained. This recommendation applies to gatherings for social, spiritual and recreational activities. This does not apply to school attendance, businesses, grocery and retail stores.
This recommendation is for the next 30 days. Older adults have been defined as persons over 65 years of age. Since this represents nearly all of our members, we have cancelled our indoor meetings and events through May 5th, which is the tentative date scheduled for our Welcome Back Coffee and first Scramble.
We can still play golf! You can sign in the Club Room (next to the Turn) on the Sign-Up Sheet. Tee times currently start at 9 a.m. until we are free of frost. If you do not live in Charbonneau, for the April 14th Niners Golf, you can email or call Karen Siegel or Mary Fieweger and we will go to the Clubhouse and get you signed up. Let us know an approximate time good for you (and playing partners) and we will do our best to get you a tee time (no guarantees)
Niners can start playing golf as of April 7th.
Remember to Post your Scores!
Also, remember this information may be changing so stay tuned.
If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms including cold, cough, fever, or any flu like symptoms, please postpone playing golf at this time.
Stay well and use good health practices.
Mary Fieweger, President Charbonneau Womens’ Niners